The Old Quay House Terms & Conditions
Rates are inclusive of VAT at the current rate.
All rates are per room per night. A 10% discount voucher on cooked breakfasts at our neighbouring bistro (2 minute walk away) will be available within your room (open daily from 9am, subject to availability).
Double/twin room rates are based on a maximum of two adults sharing.
Triple/family room rates are subject to availability.
Rates include private parking.
The tariff and information listed was correct at the time of publication and may be subject to change without notice. The minimum night stay changes throughout the year, please call or visit our website for further information.
Check-in & Check-out
Check-in from 4.00 pm
Check-out before 10.30 am
We have a limited number of travel cots available upon request, unfortunately we do not provide linen for these.
We can also offer a put up bed within select rooms, for an additional child. Please discuss this at the time of booking if required.
We are sorry, but we cannot accommodate pets.
The Old Quay House is a non-smoking Inn; however we do allow smoking on the terrace or outside your lodge.
Booking a Room
To confirm a booking we require a deposit of 50% of the total stay, with full and final payment 30 days prior to your stay.
You can phone with your card details or send a cheque.
We will then forward a confirmation letter/email.
All debit cards are accepted, as well as Visa, Mastercard and American Express.
To book, please contact us here or call +44 (0)1736 753445
Regretfully cancellations made less than 30 days prior to the date of arrival are charged at 100% of the cost the accommodation unless the room is re-let. If rooms are cancelled before 30 days, we will refund the deposit less any administration charges incurred.
The above booking and cancellation policies only apply to reservations made direct with us i.e. not via a third party booking website e.g. Booking.com.
We have reviewed our previous procedures and services and have made several adjustments, as yours and our team’s safety is paramount. All procedures and planning is reviewed daily and subject to change following government guidelines.
The following points will hopefully reassure you that your much needed Cornish getaway is going to be the peaceful retreat you have been yearning for:
1. Our nine beautiful Lodges are located externally within our grounds with private individual access.
2. Pre-booked continental breakfasts will be delivered to your lodge the day before. A standard continental breakfast containing a selection of the items below will be delivered, however if you would like to specify what cereal etc you would like, please do let us know in advance by completing the order form which will be available in your lodge. To specify your breakfast items for your first morning, please do let us know prior to your arrival. Please also let us know if you have any special dietary requirements.
Fruit Juice – Orange, Apple or Cranberry
Cereal with Milk – Alpen, Cornflakes (Gluten Free), Crunchy Nut, Fruit’N Fibre, Museli (Gluten Free), Rice Krispies or Weetabix
Croissant or Bread (Gluten Free)
Selection of Preserves – Honey, Marmalade, Strawberry or Raspberry Jam
Plain Yoghurt or Fruit Compote (natural yogurt, mixed berries and granola)
Selection of Continental Cheeses and Meats
3. Our lodges will be serviced daily unless guests request us not to do so. However at no time will a member of staff be in the guest lodge at the same time as the guest. (Strict guidelines will be followed in case of an emergency).
4. A full deep clean/service will be performed after each departure, including the use of our fogging machine which we have invested in. This offers additional prevention of the spread of Covid 19 and hopefully further reassurance of a safe stay for our guests.
5. All laundry is washed at a minimum of sixty degrees centigrade.
6. Certain loose items within the lodges will have been wrapped in cellophane to keep them sanitised, ready for our guests use. They are there to be used, so please do un-wrap them if required.
What to do in the event of developing Covid-19 symptoms whilst staying with us…
If you begin to display signs of Covid-19 whilst staying with us, it is recommended that you take a test. If the results return as positive and a member of your party is confirmed to have Covid-19, please inform us by calling 01736 753445 (please do not enter the inn). It is advised that you self isolate.
If anyone in your party has breathing difficulties or their life is potentially at risk, please seek emergency help immediately by calling 999.
We appreciate your co-operation during these unprecedented times.
We strongly recommend the appropriate insurance.Registered Office: The Moon and Kingfisher (Hayle) Limited Trading as
The Old Quay House
Griggs Quay Lower Lelant Hayle
Cornwall TR27 6JG Registered Company Number 07950323 Registered in the UK