The Old Quay House Terms & Conditions
Rates are inclusive of VAT at the current rate.
All rates are per room per night. Continental breakfast served in your room is available at an additional charge at the time of booking. A 10% discount voucher on cooked breakfasts at our neighbouring bistro (2 minute walk away) will be available within your room (open daily from 9am, subject to availability).
Double/twin room rates are based on a maximum of two adults sharing.
Triple/family room rates are subject to availability.
Rates include private parking.
The tariff and information listed was correct at the time of publication and may be subject to change without notice. The minimum night stay changes throughout the year, please call or visit our website for further information.
Check-in & Check-out
Check-in from 4.00 pm
Check-out before 10.30 am
We have a limited number of travel cots available upon request, unfortunately we do not provide linen for these.
We can also offer a put up bed within select rooms, for an additional child. Please discuss this at the time of booking if required.
We are sorry, but we cannot accommodate pets.
The Old Quay House is a non-smoking Inn; however we do allow smoking on the terrace or outside your lodge.
Booking a Room
To confirm a booking we require a deposit of 50% of the total stay, with full and final payment 30 days prior to your stay.
You can phone with your card details or send a cheque.
We will then forward a confirmation letter/email.
All debit cards are accepted, as well as Visa, Mastercard and American Express.
To book, please contact us here or call +44 (0)1736 753445
Regretfully cancellations made less than 30 days prior to the date of arrival are charged at 100% of the cost the accommodation unless the room is re-let. If rooms are cancelled before 30 days, we will refund the deposit less any administration charges incurred.
The above booking and cancellation policies only apply to reservations made direct with us i.e. not via a third party booking website e.g. Booking.com.
We have reviewed our previous procedures and services and have made several adjustments, as yours and our team’s safety is paramount. All procedures and planning is reviewed daily and subject to change following government guidelines.
The following points will hopefully reassure you that your much needed Cornish getaway is going to be the peaceful retreat you have been yearning for:
1. Our nine beautiful Lodges are located externally within our grounds with private individual access.
2. Pre-booked continental breakfasts will be delivered to your lodge the day before. A standard continental breakfast containing a selection of the items below will be delivered, however if you would like to specify what cereal etc you would like, please do let us know in advance by completing the order form which will be available in your lodge. To specify your breakfast items for your first morning, please do let us know prior to your arrival. Please also let us know if you have any special dietary requirements.
Fruit Juice – Orange, Apple or Cranberry
Cereal with Milk – Alpen, Cornflakes (Gluten Free), Crunchy Nut, Fruit’N Fibre, Museli (Gluten Free), Rice Krispies or Weetabix
Croissant or Bread (Gluten Free)
Selection of Preserves – Honey, Marmalade, Strawberry or Raspberry Jam
Plain Yoghurt or Fruit Compote (natural yogurt, mixed berries and granola)
Selection of Continental Cheeses and Meats
3. Our lodges will be serviced daily unless guests request us not to do so. However at no time will a member of staff be in the guest lodge at the same time as the guest. (Strict guidelines will be followed in case of an emergency).
4. A full deep clean/service will be performed after each departure, including the use of our fogging machine which we have invested in. This offers additional prevention of the spread of Covid 19 and hopefully further reassurance of a safe stay for our guests.
5. Fresh towels can be provided during our guests stay by placing used towels in the black bag provided.
6. All laundry is washed at a minimum of sixty degrees centigrade.
7. Certain loose items within the lodges will have been wrapped in cellophane to keep them sanitised, ready for our guests use. They are there to be used, so please do un-wrap them if required.
What to do in the event of developing Covid-19 symptoms whilst staying with us…
If you begin to display signs of Covid-19 whilst staying with us, you should inform us immediately by calling 01736 753445 (please do not enter the Inn). You should also request a test, please visit the NHS website for instructions on what to do, or alternatively call 111. Please self-isolate whilst you are waiting for the results.
If the results return as positive and a member of your party is confirmed to have Covid-19, you should return home immediately to self-isolate using your own private transport if this is reasonably possible. You will also need to show us a copy of your results.
If for any reason making the journey home is not possible and you have to self-isolate in our lodge, you will be liable to cover the cost of any bookings that have to be cancelled as a result, along with costs for your extended stay.
We will require you to provide us with the names, telephone numbers and email addresses of everyone in your party so that we can pass this onto the NHS if required as part of their ‘test and trace’ programme. This information will not be used for any other purpose. Please provide this to us along with notification that you or a member of your party is displaying symptoms.
If anyone in your party has breathing difficulties or their life is potentially at risk, please seek emergency help immediately by calling 999.
We appreciate your co-operation during these unprecedented times.
We strongly recommend the appropriate insurance.Registered Office: The Moon and Kingfisher (Hayle) Limited Trading as
The Old Quay House
Griggs Quay Lower Lelant Hayle
Cornwall TR27 6JG Registered Company Number 07950323 Registered in the UK